Innovating and assisting Corporates towards SDGs
The consequences of COVID is perhaps a clear reminder of the importance of SDG Goals. Yet, businesses, investment funds and governments may encounter challenges that may slow down implementation due to unclear standards or measurements, going from profit-culture to sustainability-culture.
- How will corporates in Asia balance meeting SDG goals with profitability?
- What are the ways for companies to bridge and have continued access to international finance, loans and financial products alongside on-going efforts to incorporate ESG requirements?
- Does board or C-suite diversity or talent composition make a difference to getting ‘there’ sooner?
- What can corporate leaders, policy makers and regulators do to bridge the gap so as to meet sustainable development goals sooner?
- Ms Dephy Oon, Chief Executive, Paddee Connexions PLT, Organising Chair for the Conference
- Ms Izumi Kobayashi, Director and Board Member, ANA Holdings, Inc., Mitsui & Co., Ltd., and Mizuho Financial Grp
- Ms Angelia Chin-Sharpe, CEO & Country Head, BNP Paribas Asset Management Malaysia
(Moderator) Ms Dephy Oon , CEO & Partner, Paddee Connexions
Dephy Oon is a senior business partner and CEO of Paddee Connexions, a company specialising in disrupting and re-creating thinking and being the enabler of refreshing and renewal of corporate leadership practice.
She has over 20 years’ business experience whereby she successfully developed and implemented its business vision, strategy and plans from inception to scale in the talent-services business.
She actively participates as speaker & presenter at business and leadership conferences and events, and is known for bringing people together with inspiring conversations and events.
(Panelist) Ms Izumi Kobayashi, Director and Board Member, ANA Holdings, Inc., Mitsui & Co., Ltd., and Mizuho Financial Grp
Outside director of ANA Holdings Inc.
Outside director of Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
Outside director of Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
Izumi Kobayashi is Director and a member of the Board, ANA Holdings, Inc., Mitsui & Co., Ltd., and Mizuho Financial Group. From 2008–13, she was CEO and Executive Vice President of the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), the political risk insurance arm of the World Bank Group.
From 2001 to 2008, she was Representative Director and CEO of Merrill Lynch in Japan. She also served on the Osaka Securities Exchange as a Non-Executive Board Member from 2002–08. From 2007-2009 and 2015-2019 she served as a position of board member of Japan Association of Corporate Directors.
(Panelist) Ms Angelia Chin-Sharpe, CEO & Country Head, BNP Paribas Asset Management Malaysia
Angelia Chin-Sharpe is the CEO and Country Head for BNP Paribas Asset Management Malaysia and co-chair of the APAC CSR Committee in her organization.
Angelia is a Industry Board Member of the Securities Industry Dispute Resolution Centre (SIDREC),Malaysian Association of Asset Managers (MAAM) Treasurer,a member of Joint Climate Change Committee (JC3), Reviewing Committee for Continuing Professional Certification with the Securities Industry Development Corporation and Securities Commission SRI Taxonomy for capital market Industry Working Group.
Angelia serves the community through The Lost Food Project as President and Founding Committee member and also Industry Advisor with Thought for Food,SE Asia.
Angelia was awarded as the CEO of the Year by Asia Asset Management “2021 Best of the Best Awards”,ranked 14th most influential women in Islamic banking and finance in WOMANi2020 and awarded Community Achievement Award 2017 by the Malaysia Australian Alumni Council for her social work.